Premier American Kobe Beef® has three programs:
- Premier: USDA Choice or Higher
(Approximately Japanese BMS 3 & 4).
- Premier 4 Star: USDA Prime
(Slightly Abundant to Moderately Abundant)
(Approximately Japanese BMS 4 thru 7).
- Premier 5 Star: USDA Prime
(Moderately Abundant and Higher)
(Japanese BMS 8 & above).
- Wagyu fat is physically different than regular beef fat. Wagyu fat has a different flavor profile. Wagyu fat has a “buttery” flavor that is very noticeable. Wagyu is the only breed to have this trait. Wagyu fat is substantially lower in saturated fats than regular beef. Wagyu fat has a lower melting point and cooks 35% quicker than regular USDA.
- Corn based diet gives a preferred flavor profile over competitors’ barley, potato, and grass fed programs.
- Consistent size, flavor, and pricing.
- Electric Stimulation of Carcass (helps insure tenderness in meat).
- Wagyu / Angus Cross / all cattle source verified and age verified.
- Single Producer, One set of Genetics for more consistent higher quality Wagyu Beef.
- Single Feed Lot, for more consistent higher quality Wagyu Beef.a
- Corn / Distiller’s Grain based diet / Iowa fed / Based on Japanese feeding practices.
- Japanese breed / American born and raised.
- Calf fed program / Under 30 months / Bone-In products available
- Younger cattle tend to be more tender than their mature counterparts as well as having better coloring meat (lighter coloring).
- No added hormones and no added antibiotics all natural beef (no added ingredients and minimally processed).
- Each combo of trim is individually tested for Ecoli 0157.
- Close trim and value added product available. Custom cuts available.
- Meat and Fat color scores are generally 1 & 2 (the highest scores). Cattle are fed Vitamin E daily for better and longer lasting meat color once “bloomed.”